Monday, June 22, 2015

Catalogue Release Party and Father's Day 2015

Happy Monday everyone! My lovely child slept in until almost 9am this morning, so I got to sleep in as well! So nice :)  These first two cards were made at the 2015-16 Stampin' Up catalogue release party that I attended at the beginning of June.  This card features one of the new In Colors for the next two years, Watermelon Wonder.  And the coordinating ribbon is oh-so-soft!

This card features Island Indigo card stock and ink, I believe, and the technique of stamping off your color to obtain a ombre effect.  I gave this card to my hubby for his first Father's Day.

And finally, these are the cards that I gave to our dads this year.  I made a mistake and put the fold for the card on the wrong angle, so instead of wrapping the ribbon around the card, I punched a few holes and wove it through instead.  Inspiration from Pinterest, of course.  Stampin' Up supplies used: Dictionary Background stamp (retired), Classic Alphabet (retired), Staz-on Black ink, Sahara Sand ink pad, 1" square punch, On Point Textured Embossing folder (currently in the clearance bin), Gold Baker's Twine, and Gold Basic Metal Buttons.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! <3 JEM

No comments:

Post a Comment