Thursday, May 12, 2016

Something New...

Good afternoon, everyone!  I have four cards to share with you today.  This first card accompanied gifts that we gave to our parents for watching our child while we were away performing at a music festival.  It features the Petite Petals stamps and coordinating punch from Stampin' Up, and the sentiment is from the Letterpress Winter set from a few years back.  The paper used is Calypso Coral card stock, and some designer series paper in Crisp Cantaloupe. 


This card was for my sister's birthday.  I was a little bit apprehensive about making it at first, as I don't do a lot of watercoloring, and with stencils at that - but I love how it turned out!  I used the Alphabet Rotary stamp for the sentiment, and the inks Night of Navy and Lost Lagoon.

This next card is a special order from a friend.  It's actually pretty large - 5.5" by 8.5"!  I definitely learned my lesson making this card - always test out your stamps the moment you receive them. I discovered a flaw in one of the stamps in the set, so while I'm waiting for a replacement I had to use my own stamps for the sentiment, which took a lot longer since it's an alphabet set.  So just imagine that all of these stamps are from the Number of Years set and you'll get the idea.  The purple paper is from a booklet of papers my hubby gave me for our first anniversary - it pairs perfectly with Rich Razzleberry ink.  There is also a subtle shimmer on the numbers 75, using the Wink of Stella glitter brush in clear.

And this last card I made just yesterday for my hairdresser.  She's getting married, and since she's been cutting my hair for the past 16 years, I figured I should make her a card!  None of these papers or ribbon is from Stampin' Up, but it features the sets Off the Grid, For the New Two, and the Something Lacy background stamp on the hearts.  I also loved using my sewing machine for this card - especially the slightly rustic look it gives.  Hope she likes it!
Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!  <3 JEM

No comments:

Post a Comment