Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Goodies!

Man, I feel like it's my birthday or something - so many new fun things!  I recently picked up this edger punch and corner punch after my experience using my MILs.  All these crafting supplies are ridiculously expensive, but I only buy them on sale.  Both of these were 50% off (yae for coupons!), and I love the fact that the edger punch has a guide so you know where you did the last punch.  Unfortunately, I have no one to make a card for right now - le sigh - so they are sitting waiting to make their debut!

This is pretty neat - Spoonflower sent me this fabric for free during their (I'm pretty sure it's annual) 24-hour swatch giveaway back in August.  I don't quilt or anything, but I thought it might be fun to include fabric on a card??  Plus, I just love owls.

I just bought this baby today.  This is a pretty intense crafting tool kit.  I bought it on sale of course (40% off)!  I received A LOT of brads from my mom and also a friend, and after pricing the items I would need individually, this was a good deal.  You can tell by looking at the kit that you would have a lot of these items around the house, but do you really want to have to go to your tool box, bathroom, and school supply stuff to put it all together when it's in one convenient location?  Well, I don't :)
Anyway, I'll give you a quick breakdown of what's in this kit:
1.  Paper Piercer/Stylus: 2-in-1 tip, one end is a paper piercer, and one end is a stylus.  Pretty self-explanatory.
2.  Tweezers: For picking up small or hard to grab objects.
3.  3"x3" Cutting Mat: This will protect surfaces when cutting, hole punching, setting eyelets, and other things like that!
4.  Craft Knife: Yep.
5.  Craft Glue: Apparently glue is ideal for scrapbooking and paper crafting.  Who knew?  ;)
6.  Hammer: For when you get frustrated...  Or for hole punching, etc.
7.  Emery Board: Use for distressing paper, cards, etc.  Just the thought of doing this gives me the shivers!!
8.  6" Metal Ruler: This ruler has a straight metal edge (no way!) that makes for easy cuts with the craft knife.
9.  Setting Base: Metal base with magnetic interchangeable tips.
10.  Tips: hole punches and setting tips in 1/16", 1/8", and 3/16" sizes for setting eyelets, snaps and MORE...
11.  Plus also, scissors.

Anyway, I'm off to do some knitting.  I noticed in the last post that I used the word "spice" multiple times, and now I just did it with "anyway".  Is that okay or is it just annoying?  Bye for now!  ~ JEM

1 comment: